Monday, February 02, 2015

Unlikely Chariots


“For the world all around us is full of God’s horses and chariots, waiting to carry us to places of glorious victory. But they do not look like chariots. They look instead like enemies, sufferings, trials, defeats, misunderstandings, disappointments, unkindnesses . . . but they really are chariots of triumph in which we may ride to those very heights of victory for which our souls have been longing and praying.”

Hannah Whitall Smith
The Christian’s Secret to a Happy Life

When my oldest was just a baby, I was cutting cabbage and noticed an outer leaf about the size of his head. Compelled to see if it would fit, I placed it on him and the result was hysterical. I grabbed the video camera and started filming. I was sure America’s Funniest Home Videos would bite on the footage! And, holy cow, could we ever use the $10,000 prize!

Read the rest of the story at Deeper Waters.



No comments: