Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Sobering Thought

Carefully consider this quote by Watchmen Nee.

God must bring us to a point--I cannot tell you how it will be, but he will do it--where, through a deep and dark experience, our natural power is touched and fundamentally weakened, so that we no longer dare trust ourselves. He has had to deal with some of us very strangely, and, take us through difficult and painful ways, in order to get us there. . .But then at last it is that he can begin to use us. . .

We would like to have death and resurrection put together within one hour of each other. We cannot face the thought that God will keep us aside for so long a time; we cannot bear to wait. And of course I cannot tell you how long he will take, but in principle I think it is quite safe to say this, that there will be a definite period when he will keep you there. . .All is in darkness, but it is only for a night. It must indeed be a full night, but that is all. Afterwards you will find that everything is given back to you in glorious resurrection; and nothing can measure the difference between what was before and what now is!

I have had a few "nights" in my life, deep and dark experiences where God seemed distant, yet on the other side of them, I saw how close, how faithful, how divine He really is. Though they were full of tears, my nights taught me of His great love and superior plan for my life. My nights, more than anything else, brought me to the throne of God.

If you're going through a "night" right now, friend, don't give up. Take heart. He's preparing you for something better. Wait on God to bring you through to the other side, whole, stronger, equipped to be used by Him. Let Him soothe your sorrow.

. . .weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Psalm 30:5

Hold on until the morning. Lean on Him, seek Him wholeheartedly and your night is not wasted. It will bring about His perfect, beautiful work in YOU.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

Psalm 143:8

Are you in the middle of "night?" How can I pray for you?

3 comments:

Jaime Kubik said...

PERFECT POST!! I'm going to have to save this one to my desktop! Why are the best things for us, so painful? Thank you for helping me through my own "night" -- you are a blessing.

Miriam Pauline said...

Oh, my friend, you have no idea how timely this word is! Thank you. Still waiting for morning.

Rachelle said...

Wow, Tami!! Powerful stuff! If only I could get everyone to believe it.