Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy With What We Got

"I don't need all that stuff," my husband said, after reading what I wished I could get him for Father's Day (see # 7).

So as not to ruin the moment, I squelched the smart aleck comment lingering in my head--"My love is all you need." I knew that would earn an "oh, brother" and quick trip out of the room. Instead I said, "If I could, I'd get it all for you."

"I know," he said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and giving me a kiss, "but I don't need it."

Something about the way he lingered said it all.

Man, I like that guy.


2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Awwww. Hope you had a great night together, inspite of the storms! Oh, and where is this zebra dress you speak of???

Tami said...

You missed it, babe. I wore it last Sunday. Stay tuned. I'm sure it will emerge again.