My top ten lessons of the last three days:
10. Sipping on coffee while grocery shopping at Walmart makes the whole experience bearable.
9. I am "old school" (Thank you, Keygan, for so graciously pointing this out to me time and time again.).
8. Tears are healing.
7. Diet 7-up is more satisfying when the kids aren't home (Mmm hmm, you know what I'm talkin' 'bout girls--are you blushing?).
6. I need to keep my mouth shut (Obviously, if you understand number 7).
5. God's plans are intricate, in the process for decades and completely perfect.
4. My friends will continue to love me even when they don't agree with me or like what I have to say. (Thank you, Sprinkle Sisters!)
3. Love and respect can prevail over the temptation of money (My siblings are amazing!).
2. My husband can't live without me.
And the number one lesson of the past three days (Are you slapping your hands against your thighs, creating the drum roll for me? C'mon, be a sport. I promise it will be worth it!):
1. I crave intimacy because it is the closest thing to heaven I'm going to get here on earth.
All over the Bible God uses the analogy of marriage to describe the relationship of Christ and the Church. Our union with Jesus is to be that intimate, that personal. We want to be known, treasured, appreciated, understood and fully loved. In heaven we will experience that completely and perfectly with Christ. What we have here is only a tiny glimpse that leaves us wanting more. I can never get enough of my husband, not because he is so astounding (don't get me wrong--he is a wonderful man, God's continual miracle to me), but because I am really looking for the perfect union I can only get in heaven.
Okay, enough soul baring for me today. What are YOU learning?