Sunday, January 14, 2007

Tell me one thing

Tell me one thing, Lord. Why are we here? Why put us here, longing for something we can't have yet? There are so many days I don't feel cut out for this world, so many days I wish I was more. I want to act better, look better, BE better. But I'm not. Oh, I can improve and I try, but I will never be what I want because I am human. I will always be lacking. I suppose I should be thankful for that because it makes me very aware of my need for You, but honestly, tonight I am not. Tonight I am tired of trying, tired of doing what is right, tired of yearning to understand. Tonight I fall before You and ask You to make something of me, of my puny human efforts that never seem enough. I want to feel Your acceptance and love. I know I don't deserve it, believe me I know, but just this once could You let me see?

It's hard living on earth, Lord. Give me enough of You to press on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tired-I know what you mean, I've been there. Filled with self-doubt, feeling useless, chastising myself for not being better, but mostly just tired. Weary beyond caring. Spiritually drained.

Several verses pop into my mind, "Don't grow weary." "The Psalms are filled with strength and joy in the Lord." BUT sometimes we are just plain tapped out. Physically, emotionally, spiritually. I can also think of several biblical examples who had their times of personal crisis.

Just know my friend that today you have been prayed for.

Romans 15:1-2 Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves. Each of us is to please his neighbor for his good, to his edification.

I'm with you Tami. Linda

Anonymous said...

How can we be on the of the world one day and here the next? Thank you for this post. Here is where he can really use us. Here is where I hate to be and often find myself.