Friday, February 02, 2007

Sanks, Dad!

She caught my attention because she was so little to be talking on a cell phone. She couldn't have been more than three years old, if that. Following her mother in the grocery store she asked, "Can we get Froot Loops, Mom?"

"Ask Daddy if it's okay," her mother answered without looking at her.

The little girl proceeded to talk into the phone. Thinking this was a game, I was surprised when she sucked in a quick breath, opened her eyes really big and whispered, "He said yes!"

"Sanks, Dad," the little girl said into the phone.

"Okay, tell Daddy goodbye now."

"Bye, Dad. I love you."

How sweet is that?! I can't get her precious little words out of my head.

"Sanks, Dad."

Feeling grateful for God's gifts, "Sanks, Dad."

Watching my daughter skip into school, "Sanks, Dad."

Being part of my friend's painful journey, "Sanks, Dad."

Knowing I am surrounded by people who love and know me well, "Sanks, Dad."

God is so good.

You are my God, and I will give you thanks. . . Psalm 118:28

4 comments:

Susannah said...

Sanks for the sweet story. I guess cell phones are here to stay! :~)

Kara Bird said...

Sanks Tami! :) he he... I LOVE this post! It's so simple it's profound. :) It made me smile. :)

Paula said...

This was precious. Thank you for sharing the story.

Anonymous said...

God is the ultimate father who loves us and cares for us. God has opened my eyes to this truth and there is never enough words to say, "sanks dad"