Thursday, January 01, 2009

Hope for the New Year

We've enjoyed a nice break through the holidays. We've stayed plenty busy, visiting with friends and family, having the kids' friends over, celebrating my mom's retirement, getting my daughter ready for her first big dance.

The change in schedule has brought a little reprieve from the daily grind. Our brief hiatus from the normal routine has made me think less about the stresses that go with it.

Until this morning.

I woke up worried about money and my son finding a job and how in the world I'll accomplish everything I want to.

It solidified my theme word for this year--FOCUS. Only six hours into the new year and already Satan's tried to distract me. Oh brother. 2009 could be tough.

Lucky for me, God doesn't leave me hanging. He reminded me this morning He's got it handled.

Be still and know that I am God...

Psalm 46:10


I try, but sometimes I lose sight and feel like He's not answered the prayers, that He's letting us flounder along.

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:19-23


God has been good to me, very good. I can let Satan rob my joy or I can persevere in hope, believing God will take care of my family.

And my God will supply all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19


We can do this, friends. We can press on in confidence.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Philippians 4:23


Happy New Year!



5 comments:

Betsy Markman said...

Yep, God is faithful, and it's so easy for us humans to forget that, isn't it?

I'm glad He's so patient with us.

Susan said...

Hey Tami,

Praying for you my friend. You hit the nail on the head when you said the word FOCUS.

Gosh, as soon as we get our eyes off the ball, we miss it don't we? I remember my tennis intstructor in high school telling me that over and over again.

Praying 2009 will be filled with unexpected joys, comfort, answered prayers, and a deeper relationship with Jesus for you.

I still have your post from last year, I remembered sending it out to all my friends!

Thanks for being such a blessing to me.

Happy New Year!!!

Linda said...

Clarity is a great partner of focus. There is no better way to achieve either than being in His presence and in the word. You do both.

Have a fabulously focused year!

Miriam Pauline said...

Happy New Year Tami! Praying for you as you seek to find a clearer focus. What a great goal!

Monkey-Farmer-38 said...

In Jesus name we press on...what a wonderful challenge for 2009