Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Reason to Rise


Blessed silence beckons me from bed.
Stillness refreshes my soul, prepares me for the deluge that will be today.
God whispers
In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength. . .

and I understand exactly what He means.

Soon the day will begin
with questions and needs,
laundry and decisions,
a house to tend to,
relationships requiring attention,
e-mails and phone calls,
tasks overwhelming my to do list.

Thinking about it brings anxiety,
but right now, in this quiet moment between God and me,
I hear His gentle voice saying,
Do not fear; I will help you.
If quietness and trust is my strength, I must believe Him
and know that whatever needs to be done today
will be completed with His help.

The Quiet calms,
clears my head,
reminds me I do not press on alone,
provides motivation and courage and a will to muddle on.

Truly my God meets all my needs.
He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed. They were glad when it grew calm, and he guided them to their desired haven.

Psalm 107:29-30



Photo Credit: Claudio.Ar

No comments: