Monday, October 25, 2010

As Morning Dawns


Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

Psalm 143:8

Dawn approaches and I wonder what this day will bring. What surprises await, good or bad? Will I experience sadness, joy, defeat, laughter?

Will today bring tragedy or will it be completely, wonderfully ordinary? Is this the day a dream is born or an epiphany made? Will I greet peace or trudge along in frustration?

At the end of today, will I lay my head in utter exhaustion or blessed satisfaction?

No matter what I encounter today, horrible or amazing, I am rooted in unfailing love. With my eyes on the prize, focused on the Lord Jesus Christ, my trust securely placed in Him, nothing can separate me from His love. Nothing, good or bad, can snatch me from His hand. Nothing can sway me or crush me.

I may feel pain. I may feel exhilaration. I may feel nothing at all. And it's okay. TODAY is His gift, ordained before I took my first breath. I make the best of it by accepting whatever it brings with thanks.

Let the morning bring word of His unfailing love. Believe it and rest in it, despite what the day may bring. Lift your soul to Him. Let Him show you the way to go.

Let the morning bring word of His unfailing love.



Photo Credit: sgatto

No comments: