Monday, November 22, 2010

Freeing Me From Myself


I should have seen it coming the Sunday before Thanksgiving. The pastor talked about being thankful. The more he talked, the more I wanted to crawl under my chair.

I haven't been thankful lately. I've been whiny and envious and critical and punchy. I've been way too human.

But I am better than this. I've got the Holy Spirit within me, right?

. . . the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. (1 john 4:4)

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Phil. 4:13)

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts . . . And be thankful. (Col. 3:15)


Lord, cultivate a spirit of peace and thanksgiving in my heart. In your spirit, help me rise above my humanness instead of wallowing in it. You died to set me free from myself. Help me never forget.




Photo Credit: kabl1992

2 comments:

Marsha Young said...

Tami,
Isn't that the truth? We have ALL been "way too human" at one time or another.

But as C.S. Lewis wrote in The Screwtape Letters, God "really does love the hairy little bipeds".
That would be you and me. Thank goodness! Happy Thanksgiving....Marsha Y.

Shelley said...

I love your blog - so gentle, so brutalty honest - so inspired.

Thanks so much for being the real you x