1) Drummer Boy's roommate got married last weekend and one fun thing the couple wanted was for the groomsmen to form a worship band and play some worship songs as a prelude to the wedding.
Drummer Boy was, of course, (shall we say it together?) their drummer, and looked like he had a great time. At the request of the bride, he shaved off his beard for the occasion (such a bummer), but I guess for one day she trumps his mother.
2) I think Ladies Man is becoming a little obsessed with this size thing. He's been telling this interesting fact to anyone who will listen to him:
Ladies Man: If I get to be 7 foot tall, I will be scientifically defined as a giant.
3) Drama Queen is convinced her kids will be the best behaved children on the face of the planet, in part because she won't let them get away with "jack."
Drama Queen: MY kids will never be a problem.
G-ma: Look at your dad. He's not a problem.
Drama Queen: Oh yeah? Well he's my problem now!
Me: No, he's MY problem and I'm happy about it.
Poor Kevin reacted like a hurt three-year-old.
Kevin: What? I'm a problem?
Don't worry, honey. You're a problem I hope I never get rid of.
4) Poor Drama Queen. I told you a about her spraining her wrist a few weeks back. Well, it never got to feeling better so I took her back in. We were sent to a specialist who determined she fractured her scaphoid bone which is a little bone in your wrist right below where your thumb connects to your arm. The doctor said it is a slow healing bone because of the lack of blood flow to the area. Most likely she'll be in a cast for 6-8 weeks.
This is a major blow to her as drum line camp at the University of Nebraska starts six weeks from yesterday. The doctor will check it August 1st, but her chances of being able to be part of the Cornhusker Marching Band this fall look pretty slim right now.
Of course she was upset (and so was her mother), but she's trying to make the best of it. I've been proud of her attitude. Even before we found out about the fracture she posted Proverbs 19:21 as her Facebook status.
Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.
Keep believing that babe. There are no mistakes.
5) The doctor's office told me I needed frequent flyer miles this week as I took in Drama Queen for her wrist, Miss Innocent One for a school physical and Ladies Man for an x-ray on his foot in a two day time span. Everyone in the office shook their head and suggested bubble wrap.
"When should we expect Drummer Boy?" the receptionist asked.
6) Drama Queen and Ladies Man left the house and not thirty seconds later the home phone rang displaying Ladies Man's number.
I heard Ladies Man talking, but apparently he had no idea his phone called us.
Me (a little louder): Hello? Hello?! You called your mother!
He remained oblivious chatting it up with his peeps (yes, my darling children, I did just say that).
Me (even louder): Hey, hello! You butt dialed your mother.
He continued his talking, but not to me.
Me (yelling): Hey, you butt dialed your mother!
By this time, Kevin and Miss Innocent One wandered in to see what I was yelling about.
Me: LADIES MAN! YOU BUTT DIALED YOUR MOTHER! YOU BUTT DIALED YOUR MOTHER!
We put it on speaker phone and Kevin proceeded to do his crazy man laugh which we thought for sure would rouse the boy.
No change. Miss Innocent One screamed into the phone and still nothing.
Me (as loud as I could scream): HEY!!!! YOU BUTT DIALED THE HOUSE!!!
Finally we gave up, worried that the neighbors may come over wondering what happened to our sanity. The next day when we asked him about it, he hadn't even noticed and didn't care.
It was so anticlimactic. Poop. And boo.
7) Would you believe the daughter of my friend had a bachelorette party and wanted her mother and friends to come along to be the "the life of the party?" Who knew college girls would think a trio of middle aged women were entertaining?! We went, we conquered, and had a really good time. Look how much fun we're having!
We still got it, my lovely friends!
Oh brother. Who am I kidding?! I never had "it" to begin with. They just make me look good.
That's all for me this hot, humid Friday in Nebraska, friends. Enjoy more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.