1) What do you make of the following text exchange?
Drama Queen: Could you bring my pad and sticks with you?
Drama Queen: You text weird.
Me: Not any worse than you.
Drama Queen: Watch it woman.
Drama Queen: Rude.
Is it just me, or does it seem like there's a little role reversal going on here?
2) Every once in a while, the clouds in the parenting heavens part and a ray of sun comes shining through. It happened to me this week when Drummer Boy stole this photo for his Facebook profile pic.
My heart's just all googly inside. Love you, Drummer Boy!
3) Oh, and here's another ray of light. We stopped to eat at a fast food place Saturday and Drama Queen had a problem with our choice of restaurant.
Drama Queen: It's grody stuff there. They don't have any clean food. I want clean food.
Now I realize this may mean nothing to you, but I've been spouting off about "clean food" for at least a year now. Who knew it may actually sink in?!
If that wasn't enough, Drummer Boy couldn't finish his bacon cheeseburger.
Drummer Boy: Ew. It's just too much. I can't take all that grease anymore.
Can I get a "Woot! Woot?!" And then, scoring a perfect trifecta, Kevin ordered a side salad instead of fries! Are my habits rubbing off on my family?! LOVE it!
4) Ladies Man planned to work on a project for journalism, filming a news broadcast. He actually had me buy a green bed sheet they could use as a green screen so they could create a cool newsroom backdrop. This is just his sort of thing. He was super excited about it when he went to school that day.
Ladies Man: I've got my studio bag.
Me: Your studio bag?
Ladies Man: Everything I need for filming--my green screen, duct tape, a tripod, an extra light, an extension cord and a flip camera.
Mmm hmm. How does he become Mr. Organization when it involves "projects?" Where is his Presto Magic Room Cleaning Bag and his Super Duper Gecko Cage Cleaner Bag and his Homework Survival Kit Bag?
Studio Bag. Psshht.
5) Miss Innocent One had to create a brochure for a school project, something about gardening. So she and her friend showed off their miracle growing skills, going from this . . .
To THIS . . .
Yeah, I know what you're thinking. I'll say it for you. Obviously she didn't inherit her mother's gardening genes!
6) How about something from the This-Freaking-Annoys-Me file?
Miss Innocent One and her gardening friend decided to have a leaf war after their pictures, the very day I vacuumed my entire first floor. Contrary to popular belief, leaves do not always blow off your person. Many stick and find their way into the house, depositing themselves on chairs, tables and FRESHLY VACUUMED CARPET.
Need I say more? ARG!!!!
7) And now, until me meet again, my friends, may the wind blow gently on your back (taking the leaves away!), the sun shine brightly on your horizon and your rest be as sweet as a baby's.
Or something like that. (You think I need some sleep?)
Have a great weekend. Find more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.