Oh my, it's been an eventful week at the Boesiger house.
1) First we celebrated Ladies Man's birthday. Miss Innocent One had to do a project for her Family Consumer Science class that centered around a celebration, so she made a pizza and cake for the occasion. I think she had a little too much fun.
2) After a couple rounds of laser tag and dinner, Drama Queen arranged a surprise party for Ladies Man back at our house. She and Miss Innocent One and a friend of Ladies Man, put a pillowcase over his head, drove him around town and brought him back to our house for this:
In the move that makes him cool Dad of the year, Kevin danced to one song on the kids' Just Dance game. Since Drama Queen already shared this on Facebook and Drummer Boy jacked it for his page too, I figure I can follow suit. This is the entertaining man I am married to (on the right). I love you, babe!
(Those of you who receive this via email may need to click onto the actual blog to view this.)
3) How's this for a strange occupational hazard?
Drummers often march backwards and do so on their toes. As a result, they build up some terrific calf muscles. Drummer Boy's calves are so bulked up, they rub up against each other when he's marking time. He's done so much of this, he's got bald spots in both his calves!
4) I think I should be worried about what society is teaching my younger son.
Drama Queen: Listen to this: God's most complicated creature--woman. Oh brother.
Ladies Man: What? It's true.
Drama Queen: Only if you're a moron.
Ladies Man: It's the nature of the male species.
Aack! Is he watching too many sitcoms?! Thank the Lord for a husband who knows what's up.
Kevin (in his most disgusted tone): No. It's not.
Thank you, my darling husband, for being a great example of the non-moronic men out there! And a good dancer, a good kisser and . . . never mind. Keep talking to our sons!
5) As if Kevin's splinter injury wasn't enough for us, Ladies Man took a turkey to the head (yes, you heard me right--a frozen turkey!) at youth group and got a pretty good gash.
Every year at this time our youth group has the Turkey Olympics where they play games with frozen turkeys. They don't normally fly through the air, but Ladies Man and another high school sponsor were playing catch to keep it away from the kids. Ladies Man thought they were done. The other sponsor didn't. The turkey was heavy enough it not only gashed his head, but knocked him out and to the floor. He ended up with four stitches.
The best part was explaining to the people in the ER how it happened.
"I got hit in the head with a frozen turkey."
You should have seen their faces! So funny! If they'd take fifty bucks off the bill for every time we heard, "Are you serious?" we could get that visit for free! Even the doctor came in saying, "Did you really get hit in the head with a frozen turkey or are you too embarrassed to say you ran into a door frame?"
Ladies Man thinks it's awesome. He thinks the scar will look like a lightning bolt and he'll have a great story to tell about this for the rest of his life.
6) Don't you love this text I received from Drama Queen?!
"Mother. My face looks a lot like you today. Idk why. It might be the way I did my makeup. Idk but it's freaking me out. Not saying it's a bad thing at all though."
Should I holler YAY or say I'm sorry?
7) I can't call it a week without another plug for our church's Christmas musical coming up in less than two weeks (YIKES!) Hope you can come!
That's all I got today, folks. Maybe you should pray for the rest of us in the Boesiger house who haven't suffered some sort of weird injury. With two weeks to go before the musical opens, there's no telling what might happen! Have a great weekend and find more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.