1) There's been so much activity in the Boesiger home this week, I've completely neglected this blog. And it felt good, I tell you, to have a little break from the norm, to hang out with our families and lay around and watch movies and do sudoku puzzles and have all the chicks in the nest. It provided a much needed attitude adjustment for this girly.
2) And speaking of girlies, Kevin got so tired of Miss Innocent One's "You need to calm down, buddy" (see #3), that he found his own retort and gesture. Now he's harassing her with, "You need to calm down, girly," complete with a little flip of the hair motion. Miss Innocent One finds it so hysterical she nearly wets her pants every time.
3) Last month I posted pictures of my family at a birthday celebration for my mom, so I suppose it's only fitting to give you some family pics from Kevin's side of the family. Here's Kevin, his sisters and parents.
They decided the spouses could join in too.
You can't see my brother-in-law too good in this picture and Dad doesn't look his charming self, so here's another shot taken from what we called the "tower cam."
4) And here's the source of the "tower cam" aka Ladies Man.
5) Drama Queen has been dog/house sitting for a family this past week. She's been responsible for two dachshunds and a great dane who probably weighs as much as she does. She had a great time walking them in the unusually mild weather we've been having and showing them off to her friends. Each evening she and Ladies Man would go over and spend the night cuddled up with the dogs watching Office videos. And I was the happy mama who didn't have to buy her kids a puppy to give them a dog fix. A win-win situation. I almost feel like I should be the one shelling out the dough for that.
6) Remember this guy?
We were thrilled to have Drummer Boy home for an entire week. A WHOLE WEEK! It was so great having him around that I got teary eyed when we parted ways again, which is crazy because he lives at my MOTHER'S HOUSE, only 40 minutes away from us. Yes. I am pathetic.
But so proud of and happy for Drummer Boy who leaves at 4:15 AM! Friday morning with the Cornhusker band to attend the Capital One Bowl in Orlando. Lucky dog. If you're watching the game next Monday, look for him among the snare drummers.
7) And that's our week in a nutshell. It seems like I don't have much to show for it, but that was the point of the week. I hope your week was equally as low key and you don't do yourself in celebrating New Years.
Have a great weekend, friends, and take in more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.