Monday, January 23, 2012

Beyond What I Deserve


I am a blessed woman.

I don't know why. I'm nothing special. I'm a self-absorbed, obsessive, over-analytical, pleasure monger of a person. My thoughts are not always sweet. I complain. I whine over the minor and overlook His provisions and want more. I disappoint myself, and surely my heavenly Father, more than I'd like.

But my heart leans toward God. And for reasons I don't comprehend, He cleans me up, makes me new, gives me second chances. If this weren't enough, he lavishes me with His goodness, with beautiful relationships, genuine care and concern, inspiration, unending mercy. He gives me what I don't deserve.

I am a blessed woman.

How does one respond to such favor, to gifts I have no right to claim?

Go and do likewise.
Give as I have given to you.
Forgive and listen and be gracious.
Love as I have loved you.


If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 2:1-5
I cannot repay God for all He has done for me, but I can follow His lead. I thank Him by loving His own.

Go and do likewise.


How will you thank God today?



Photo Credit Yogendra174

No comments: