Thursday, May 10, 2012

7 Quick Takes (Volume 183)


1) I found a great Bible verse to spring on your children when they're being less than respectful.

The eye that mocks a father and despises a mother's instructions will be plucked out by the ravens of the valley and eaten by vultures.

Proverbs 30:17
Are they arguing about something you want them to do? You can now say, "Well, I guess it's up to you if you want your eyes plucked out." Teasing you about your new shirt? "I guess that vulture will have a tasty lunch today." It will bring passive aggressive commenting to a whole new level.

There you go. Parenting ammunition. You're welcome.

2) And speaking of parenting, it's hard to believe I'm now the parent of a 22-year-old. We had a great time celebrating Drummer Boy's birthday at Carlos O'Kelly's last Saturday, but I must admit I was slightly disappointed there was not more hoopla with it being Cinco de Mayo. I thought we'd walk into some special decorations or unusual dishes at the very least, but nada. It was like any other day we ate there.

It was impossible to get a good picture of Drummer Boy to commemorate the occasion, but in trying I got this shot which verifies what everyone's been saying. Drummer Boy is starting to look like his dad.


And here is what happens when you give Ladies Man the camera. When will I learn?

Be very glad his glasses hide exactly how creepy his eyes look. Ew.

Hey! Here's a good spot for Kevin to whip out that verse!

And Drummer Boy's usual response to his brother.

It's fun to watch them enjoy each other, but sometimes I gotta gear myself up for the noise!

3) Remember me talking last week about Drama Queen and her way of determining what animals people look like? Here's some she came up with this week.


I don't know why I can't look at these without laughing!

4) How 'bout another blurry concert picture? It seems appropriate as that is how most of the parents in our town are feeling after the concert extravaganza of the last two weeks. This one includes Miss Innocent One (on the right end) singing with the kids who made it into the UNO Honor Choir. She looks like she and her partner were either messing up or having fun.

5) We also enjoyed a family graduation party over the weekend. My brothers' kids are way younger than mine, but it doesn't prevent my kids from loving to hang out with them. I love these pictures.



6) Last Sunday night was the Band Banquet where Ladies Man and his cohort were announced as Drum Majors for next year. They're going to have a lot of fun with this huge height difference.

7) As I type this, I'm enjoying the beautiful evening in our upstairs porch my husband recently converted into a music studio/office space. A gentle breeze floats in around me, reminding me to calm down after an emotional book search for a book we never found with tomorrow's homework in it. Pray for my child today, people. She's gonna need it.

And with that we'll call it Friday. Enjoy your weekend and sneak in more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.

No comments: