1) We're experiencing a winter storm, although as I type this on Thursday afternoon, I'm slightly disappointed that it didn't live up to its hype. We were expecting 8-12 inches and we're no where near that. Drama Queen is taking a meteorology class this semester and I found it comical that her professor cancelled Thursday's class on Tuesday already. Many schools, even universities, cancelled classes ahead of the snow, expecting a major dump that hasn't come yet, but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. Remind me to tell my kids that when they're whining about going extra days at the end of the school year to make it up.
I'm still hoping for a snow-filled Thursday night. Maybe by the time you read this all my dreams will have come true!
2) I'm worried I'm getting wimpier or maybe my lack of sleep is catching up with me. (Don't you dare tell me I'm getting older. I WILL smack you!) I went for a workout before the weather got too bad yesterday and BOY! did I feel it! I found myself sighing out loud at times, surprising even myself, hoping no one heard. Oh no, I'm becoming the eccentric workout lady. My look certainly deserves the title. I can never find workout pants that don't shrink to be too short and my hair kinks up something scary when I perspire. I never wear makeup to the gym since you sweat it off anyway and I've got dark circles under my eyes to rival a raccoon. What's the solution?
Get more sleep or quit going to the gym! Though I'm not always thrilled about it, I better keep going to the gym. If I don't, I will be the cow I complain about being sometimes. Taking any suggestions for better sleep!
3) Kevin was told by a high school girl last weekend that he was a fashionable dresser. I've always liked this about him. He does have fashion sense and isn't afraid to try new things. His outfit that day was a pair of nice slacks, a patterned dress shirt, untucked, with the cuffs folded up over the pushed up sleeves of his corduroy sports jacket. I wish I could take credit for his good look, but I can't. I guess I'll just ogle him instead. Love you, babe!
4) We celebrated my nephew's first birthday Sunday. My brother was the smart aleck who made him a birthday bib.
Though the birthday boy was petrified of the party hats, Ladies Man and his other young cousins had fun with them.
5) And now a bit from Kevin's Korner.
I know house work can be a drudgery and I have to admit that I probably don't do as much to help out as I can. I have been trying to remedy that situation by making sure I always help clean up after dinner and last week I dusted and vacuumed the living room and dining room. Now before any of you ladies react to the last statement, I am not trying to make it seem like I've even come close to doing my fair share. Remember I said this is something I am working on. Tonight I thought I would volunteer to make supper. I had high hopes of coming up with a stellar menu. Princess Dawdle suggested I check Pinterest. I do not have a Pinterest account so I logged on to Drama Queen's. A discussion pursued about how easy it would be to find a good recipe on Pinterest. It was not successful, in fact I found just as many recipes by simply using Google. I was unable to come up with anything new. Instead I settled for tacos. I know, I know, there is nothing exciting about tacos for supper except . . . on the taco seasoning package it explained how to serve your meal once the meat was finished. Fill bowls with meat, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and taco sauce. Pass the taco shells or tortillas and let everyone PILE ON THE FUN! I made sure to read this aloud to everyone in the house to make sure my meal was a success. I didn't realize that when you bought taco seasoning you were ensured fun at your meal. I guess you will have to check with Tami and the kids to see if indeed fun was had by all, but I have been told that dinner at the Boesiger's is an experience like no other.
Keep Kicking it!
6) Ladies Man was displaying grotesque table manners the other night, eating his ham with his bare hands.
Me: What are you doing?! Use your silverware!
Ladies Man: What? We don't have company.
Kevin: That doesn't matter. It's gross. Use your silverware.
Me: Are your hands even clean?
Ladies Man (using his teeth to rip off a hunk of ham clutched in his hand and chewing while talking): We're learning in sociology that we need to be respectful of other cultures. Some people don't have silverware.
7) I've been doing more writing lately and feeling it in my shoulders. I think they get tense because my chair should be a little higher for the table I use and when I rest my arms on the table it puts pressure on my shoulders and neck. I tried explaining this to Kevin.
Me: I think my chair should be about three inches higher than it is.
I had to laugh at his solution.
Kevin: Wanna sit on my lap?
Yeah, because that would be productive!
All work and no play leads to a boring Tami, so I'll quit now. Where did my cute husband go? Enjoy your weekend, friends, and find more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.