Thursday, July 20, 2006

Three Women

Each of them holds a special place in my heart. All three of them are committed wholeheartedly to God, reaching people and impacting lives. I sincerely value and respect their thoughts and opinions. I consider every one of them marked by God, destined to hear the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant." Yet all three, like me, doubt themselves.

One said this week, "I don't think I ever do things right or good enough."

This from a woman who is perfect in everyone's eyes.

The other two both told me separately, "I'm so afraid I'll mess things up."

When I asked each of them why, both replies had to do with knowing themselves well enough to know how possible it is. I understand their sentiments completely. No matter what anyone else thinks of me, I know who I am. I know my faults and weaknesses all too well. I know how I fail. But why do we do this to ourselves? Why do we consistently beat ourselves up? What good does it do? What can we do to fight these feelings?

My three women needed someone to say, "Hey, you're doing great. You matter. All your work is important. God sees every effort that no one else does. You are truly beautiful just the way you are." They needed someone in their corner, helping them see the bright spots Satan was trying to hide.

Do you know people who need a shot in the arm to keep going? Don't stand idly by and watch your friends fight the battle alone. Tell them what you see, how you see God working in them. Be their cheerleader, pumping them up for the next round. We have a responsibility to one another. Have you ever longed for the kind words of a friend to get you going or to notice your struggle? Be that friend. It makes all the difference in the world to people. It did to me this week. (Thanks, Rachelle!)

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." (Proverbs 16:24)

I don't know how my three women are today, but I told each of them what I see. I pray they are standing taller, with a song flowing through their heads, able to face the day head on and fulfill God's plans. I pray He has removed Satan's blinders. Now, you go do your part. Heal someone's bones today. Take the time to build them up.

1 comment:

Kara Bird said...

Thanks Tami for more wonderful thoughts and words of wisdom. I'm always so glad to find a new post on your sight... as I was today. :)