Sunday, February 18, 2007

Brain food



These words from others got my wheels spinning this week. Bon appetit!


"I lost my religion two years ago."

". . .can there be life without risk? Did God take a risk by creating man with a free will? Did He know of the horrors that would follow?" (I don't want to get clobbered by the copyright police. I've got to give credit for this one to Ted Dekker.)

"Why don't Christians want to think outside the box? If we don't use our minds, aren't we just following the law? "

"I don't know where God fits in my life. I believe in Him and know He has worked. I just don't know where He fits right now."

"It is important to remember that not everyone will understand, or connect or enjoy what we do. But, there is someone out there who God will touch through it. Just take the message of the gospel for example. It is a stumbling block, it is convicting, it is joy, it is freedom it is embraced wholeheartedly and it is rejected vehemently . It is the most important and heart felt message in history. We can expect no less from our tiny personal message."

2 comments:

Paula said...

good ones

Rachelle said...

WOW, great quotes.

"Why don't Christians want to think outside the box?" opens up huge cans of worms for me. This is what my life is all about. Trying to learn from centuries of smarter people before me... yet trying to use the mind that God gave me to understand what He wants ME to do and think. This is a HUGE topic, especially since there is no good definition of what "thinking outside the box" actually means!

And I feel sad for the person who says, "I don't know where God fits in my life." I might not know where anyone or anything ELSE fits in my life... but I know none of the rest of it matters unless God fits at the TOP, the FRONT and the CENTER.

Have a great day Tami!