Saturday, March 31, 2007

Tittering and Whispering

Here's one for my fellow choir buddies. I laughed out loud as I was reading this to my kids last week. It comes from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.


"The congregation being fully assembled now, the bell rang once more, to warn laggards and stragglers, and then a solemn hush fell upon the church which was only broken by the tittering and whispering of the choir in the gallery. The choir always tittered and whispered all through service. There was once a church choir that was not ill bred, but I have forgotten where it was, now. It was a great many years ago and I can scarcely remember anything about it, but I think it was in some foreign country."


You think Kevin would say a hearty AMEN?!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I LOVE IT, MY KINDA CHOIR!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU, MISS YOU!!!!!!

Christine said...

Oh, my goodness. As a choir director (always dealing with the tittering and whispering, let me tell you!) this struck a chord. I'llhave to use this as a tongue-in-cheek devotion next week!