Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Whacked

There's been a strange development in my realization of my own aging process (you will recall the gray eyelash horror of a few months ago). It is a moot practice of mine to pluck out the gray hairs winging out of my head. I'm finding an odd phenomena. It is not uncommon for me to pull what I think is a gray hair and find gray on the end, but black at the root, like it started out gray and changed its mind. Then the other day the hair I yanked was red. I think it's official, folks. My hormones are completely whacked out.

While we're discussing vanity, let me address the latest challenge in the blogosphere--displaying your morning face. Part of me thought I had nothing to lose. I haven't ever posted pictures of myself and so no one would be in for a shocker to see how I REALLY look, but then I wondered if I wanted my official unveiling to be me at my worst! It's not like I don't go out in public without makeup on. Those of you who have bumped into me at the Y have seen me in all my ?glory?. I honestly considered doing it, putting myself out there, I really did until I started seeing all the faces popping up, women the same age as me, looking pretty darn good for just getting out of bed. Where are your dark circles? People really have nicely flowing hair in the morning?! And dang you, Lisa Samson for haunting me with this, "Will you post who you really are? Without embellishment, as the morning sun, or the alarm, or a husband or a child sees you when you first open your eyes to meet the day? And if not, ask yourself why not?" Now I'm analyzing myself again. Trust me, I don't need any help with this! UGH!

Is it not enough I let you all see my guts?! I have to show you my physical weaknesses as well? This blogging thing is gettin' tough.

I choose NOT to take the Morning Face Challenge. Yes, let the clucking begin. I am a big, fat chicken. My physical attributes will remain a mystery to some of you. Who knows, you might conjure up some really hot chick in your imagination of who I might be. How could I bust your bubble?

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Tami, I really, really, really wanted to tag you on the Morning Face Challenge. But I decided to be nice and respect the fact that I've never seen you post a photo of yourself on your blog. I figured there must be a reason... although I admit I'd sure love to put a face to my wonderful friend!

Anonymous said...

Tami,

I understand your unwillingness to share yourself at what I consider my worst time of the day! Yikes!

For Rachelle,

Tami is as beautiful on the outside as she is on the inside. She's the only one that doesn't see that. Dark hair, beautiful eyes and a flawless complexion I'd give anything to have!

Tami, quit being so hard on yourself!! I've only posted here a couple of times but read your blog faithfully and you judge yourself too harshly.

Keep blogging. Your thoughts are an inspiration and truly uplifting on my darker days.

--Anonymous Acquaintance

Kara Bird said...

:) Thanks for your honesty friend. You make me smile. I love the way you think. Love ya!

Christine said...

I've had the schizophrenic gray/brown hairs as well. That's too funny!

Anonymous said...

Tami,
You are more beautiful than you know and I treasure your friendship. You make me smile at your tenderhearted honesty in your struggles. You challenge me, encourage me and most of all you move me. Thank you for being a loving person and letting the world see who you are.

forgiven said...

Tami you are beautiful both inside and outside. And are absolutely gorgoues in red with that dark black hair, and dark flashing eyes, and those awesome sunglasses. As for those early mornings at the Y you are still a awesome presence, as you flow by saying Hi to everyone don't ever think of yourself as someone less than wonderful, for God has made you in his image which is beautiful. Have I given you inspiration? As well as spoken from my heart. Love ya lots!!!!!