One of the perks to being in the blogosphere is "meeting" some great people from a variety of places. Because we can't sit down to coffee and a good conversation, we have to invent ways to encourage and learn more about each other. To that end, a few nice ladies have tagged me this week.
I got a boost from Shelley at Living Beyond Myself when she gave me the Daily Dose Award. Keep in mind she recently colored her hair and perhaps caused her judgment to be skewed from the chemicals, but I am appreciative nonetheless.
This award is given to blogs that you read every day that inspire you. The point of the award is to pass it on. This is a tough one for me. I read a lot of blogs and many inspire me at different times in different ways, including Shelley's. Where does a person begin?! I could give a long list of people who have touched me, but instead I decided to choose just one. Ann of Holy Experience is an amazing writer whose words always make me sigh and dream of simpler days. She has a unique style and vision for life and describes it with beauty. Thank you, Ann, for showing me the beautiful amid the every day.
The second tag came my way from two sources, Heather at Mumblings of a Mommy "Monk" and Angie from The Knightly News. The rules for this meme are:
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
I'm going to make a big assumption and trust that non-important things/habits/quirks are NOT the same as boring and completely uninteresting. I've purposely picked some mundane things so there will be no one screaming "TMI" or "WTMI" (WAY too much information) as my kids occasionally do. So here goes nothing:
(1) When relaxing or going to sleep, I unconsciously rub my feet together, kind of like a person might wring their hands. It seems to be a genetic trait as my dad and some of my kids do it too. My husband had a hard time getting used to it.
(2) I've never considered myself a woman's woman. I don't enjoy craft projects, scrapbooking or shopping.
(3) I have never been able to do a cartwheel or a pull-up. I'm uncoordinated AND a wuss.
(4) One of my worst times of day is the period between school getting out and dinner. In an effort to pump myself up at that time, I often have a cup of tea. Sometimes during tea time, I read a book while cooking dinner.
(5) I go through different food phases, where certain things sound especially good to me and I find myself consuming them more than others. Lately I'm fond of oranges and 90 calorie chocolate chunk granola bars.
(6) I'm a closet rebel who has always followed the rules, but wanted to be bad just once.
And in light of that, I'm going to fulfill my hidden desire. I'm breaking the rules and not tagging anyone else. Go ahead. Commence the booing and hissing. Keep it up and you may force me to get my navel pierced!
Have a great weekend, friends.