Sunday, February 21, 2010

He Leaves No Doubt

He's not perfect, my husband. He gets under my skin plenty.

He piles his clothes on the floor by the bed, though the laundry basket is only a few steps away. If he's home for the evening and I'm not, I'll probably come home to a sink full of dirty dishes (at least they're all in one spot, not scattered across the kitchen, I guess). He likes to stay up late, exhausting this early riser.

He snores. He turns on the television. He steps over the garbage bag on his way out the door. He leaves the cereal and milk out. He forgets to shut off lights in the middle of the day. And I can't tell you the number of times I wished I could sprout a computer keyboard to pique his interest in the evenings.

No, he isn't perfect, but I easily overlook all these annoyances because of one wonderful quality.

I never doubt his love for me.

He may forget the garbage, but never a kiss goodbye. He notices my blah days. His eyes don't roll. There is no muttering under his breath, no sighing or checking his watch as I speak. He listens. He responds. He smiles at me. He says, "I love you."

He leaves no doubt.

His flaws mean nothing compared to this.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

1 Corinthians 13:4-6


3 comments:

Jaime Kubik said...

I love the posts you write about Kevin. Hey, check out my blog, I gave you an award! Thank you also for the help tonight!

Brenda said...

I heard a loud "WHOOP" come from your section at the concert tonight. I looked over to see you and Kevin and though"Eh..could have been either one of them."

Tami said...

I did a little whooping and whistling. It was probably me. (She says sheepishly!)