1) Miss Innocent One survived "the film." She didn't have to learn about any guy "junk" and came away thinking it was pretty silly to get worked up. Kevin looked through the materials she brought home and found this: "Puberty: It's not summer vacation, but it is a great journey."
I don't know why that makes both of us laugh.
2) Drama Queen attended Prom on Saturday and when her friends came over for pictures, I swear the girl acted like she was on crack, flitting about, talking loud, being generally spastic. I think these pictures pretty much tell the story.
I'm not sure what she's doing here. HELP!
Finally a REAL picture. Love you, babe! You keep our lives entertaining!
3) In the middle of an ordinary Tuesday, my cell phone beeped indicating I had a text from my son. It ended up being my favorite text exchange of the week.
Drummer Boy: For some reason I just thought I saw you on campus. Turns out it was Asian haha.
Me: IT?! Thanks a lot!
Drummer Boy: Oh sorry. SHE was an Asian.
Me: Too funny. Tell me she was at least a little attractive.
Drummer Boy: Haha uh idk. That's weird lol.
Me: OK. U have a point. Have a good one!
4) My poor girls. It's a hardship having me for a mother. Thank the Lord they overlook my handicaps.
Miss Innocent One: I'm going to take a shower. Mom, when I'm done, can you help me put my hair in braids?
Now you must know I am just terrible at doing girly hair. I've told my girls from infancy that their mother was hair challenged.
Me: I can try. I can't promise anything.
Miss Innocent One (with a knowing grin): We'll just experiment.
Does she get me or what?!
5) Drama Queen came into our bedroom to turn in her cell phone for the night and realized her brother and sister were gone.
Drama Queen: Am I the only kid in the house tonight?
Kevin: We'll try to keep it down.
Drama Queen: Ew. Sick. That's disgusting.
Kevin (to me, laughing): It's too easy.
6) We're sitting at dinner when Ladies Man asks if I went to Walmart that day (the presence of Little Debbie cakes which never last long in our house clued him in).
Kevin: You went to Walmart? I should have had you get me some more body spray.
Drama Queen and Ladies Man blew a gasket laughing.
Drama Queen: Body spray?
Kevin: So? You use it too.
Drama Queen: Okay, Nancy.
She and Ladies Man yucked it up for a few minutes and went on their way. The next day I found an addition to a new shopping list I started.
I laughed out loud, wishing Drama Queen hadn't already left for school. Later at lunch I told Kevin about it.
Kevin: I was wondering when you'd find it.
Me: Did you see it?
Kevin: See it? I WROTE it.
And to think I gave Drama Queen credit for it! Who says the guy doesn't have a sense of humor?
7) I pray this weekend, friends, you take time to remember, to be thankful and to worship our Lord and Savior.
For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.
Stroll through some other Quick Takes posts at Conversion Diary.