Friday, June 04, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Volume 85)


1) I am officially old. My youngest is now shaving.

Miss Innocent One has been asking to shave her legs for probably a year now. I've been putting her off, telling her eleven is too young, but she kept persisting, month after month, those sweet little eyes pleading for silky smooth legs. She asks for so little and now that she's officially a middle schooler I figured it was time to let the games begin.

You would have thought I told her she won a $500 shopping spree to Justice when I finally gave the okay. And the happiness spilled out all day. "Thanks, Mom," she repeated at least ten times. When she prayed at bedtime she even thanked God.

Any bets on how long it will be before she realizes shaving is a pain in the patootie?

2) Poor Drama Queen. She makes it too easy to tease her with her over the top reactions. This week we got a sample for you when she left a phone message after her dad locked her out of the house for celebrating her video game victory too much (I assure you it's all in fun, folks.). I added the classic Drama Queen pose to give you an idea of what her face no doubt looked like as she left the following message. Those of you who actually know Drama Queen IRL will love this. (Facebook friends will have to click "View Original Post" to get this.)


I have no idea what she's saying in places, but do you see what I'm talking about, the way she nearly begs us to torment her when she produces such a hissy fit with so little effort?

How we love you, Drama Queen. You bring great fun to our lives.

3) Ladies Man opened the pantry door in search of something sweet and had a great surprise.

Ladies Man: No way. You bought Lucky Charms?!

Me: Yeah. . .

I confess Miss Innocent One caught me in a weak moment at Walmart.

Ladies Man: Yes! Time to go back to my childhood!

Am I wrong in thinking fourteen is technically still childhood? What will this kid be saying when he's thirty? He's certainly not insinuating Lucky Charms are only for kids, is he? He better not say that in his father's presence.

4) Kevin, Drummer Boy and I were at a rehearsal when the weather became severe Tuesday evening. During the last hour of practice I received a call from Miss Innocent One, a call from Ladies Man and a text from Drama Queen, each checking up on us.

Ahh, they really do love their mommy.

5) How about a shameless plug for our summer church musical?


Those of you in our vicinity, come out next weekend for some pure summer silliness.

6) Best line of the week in the Boesiger household goes to Drummer Boy. Tiring of Drama Queen's current drama and trying to get a word in edgewise, he blurted, "We're both all idiots, okay?!"

7) I enjoyed a date with my wonderful husband last night. I admit the summer schedule has put us in a tailspin, not getting the same amount of time to connect as usual. There's always someone in the house. Always! I'm not complaining, mind you. I've had a very good week with my kids again and enjoy seeing them more, but it makes private communication with my husband a little difficult. So it was heaven having him to myself all evening, enjoying good food, fabulous weather, terrific conversation, and a little snuggling at the movie.

I never get tired of that guy.

And that's a wrap. Enjoy your weekend, friends. Say hello to Jennifer at Conversion Diary and take a peek at more Quick Takes.

4 comments:

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

So, I am 30, have 3 kids and I totally love Lucky Charms. totally. I have to restrain myself in the grocery store, especially if they are on sale....and my husband, who is 47 will eat them all in one sitting if allowed...so I usually don't allow that. Silly teenager, sugary cereal isn't just for kids :). Have a wonderful week! Kristen

Lady Caitie in the Pretty City said...

Haha! Can't wait to read the post in which your DQ gets her first shaving induced injury! Whew! LOL She's a hoot!

Hallie @ Moxie Wife said...

I'm glad you had fun on your Date Night! You're making me crave one. Must do something about that... :)

Have a lovely weekend!

Rachelle said...

Bizarre comments!