Monday, August 16, 2010

The Reinforcement


Poor Drama Queen. She can't catch a break, even from her boyfriend.

Drama Queen: The other night I was telling him what to do and he said, "No. I don't want to do that" and I said, "Oh, that's right, I'm supposed to be submissive to you."

The Boyfriend: What did you say?

Drama Queen: Technically, if we're in a relationship like this, I'm supposed to be submissive to you.

The Boyfriend looked at Sympathetic Guy.

The Boyfriend: Get your phone. We need to record this.

Sympathetic Guy preserved it for posterity and now whenever Drama Queen gets a little high and mighty, The Boyfriend turns to Sympathetic Guy who plays her words back to her.

I knew this boy had her number the day he was waiting for her in the kitchen and she started barking orders.

Me: Man, she can be bossy.

The Boyfriend: She talks big, but she's a teddy bear on the inside.

Drama Queen: Shut up.

Undeterred, he started laughing and shook his head. I'm going to miss his help in keeping Drama Queen in line when he leaves for college this week. He knows how to dish her stuff right back and it's so good for her.

So I feel it necessary to say a few words to The Boyfriend: Thanks for understanding who our daughter is and being so good to her. We'll miss your face around here. Be sure to stop in and say hi when you're in town.

No comments: