Monday, September 27, 2010

Sing Anyway


How can I keep from singing Your praise?
How can I ever say enough?
How amazing is Your love.
How can I keep from shouting Your name?
I know I am loved by the King
and it makes my heart want to sing.

I look over the congregation and see smiling faces,
people truly praising God.

But I also see those who made themselves come,
whose hearts do not feel joy in this moment,
who are here because they don't know where else to turn,
and desperately want a touch from God.

God knows.
He sees.
He inhabits the praise of His people.
Relief resides in His presence.

So sing anyway friends.

Sing though your body is weary,
though your heart's not in it.
Let the tears come.
Feel His healing.

Sing anyway.

Remind yourself of grace and love
and mercy.
Remember what is true.
Let Him touch your drooping spirit.

Sing anyway.

Proclaim His name and see the devil flee.
Give a sacrifice of praise.
Show Him your love.

Sing anyway.

. . . it was oppressive to me till I entered the sanctuary of God . . .

Psalm 73:16-17



Photo Credit: turbojoe

No comments: