Friday, December 03, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Volume 110)


1) News bulletin: I am one tired cookie. It's production week at our house (Don't worry. I'll get my official plug in before we're done here.) Busy, busy, busy. We've spent our days completing the set (Come see my rocks--they look awesome!) and our evenings at dress rehearsals. Making matters worse, I've been sleeping horrible. Nerves or something, I guess. Kevin and I write these musicals ourselves and by this time every year I start getting worried about how our words will be interpreted . . .no, how they'll be criticized. I feel exposed and open for judgment. So I don't sleep well and I'm busy every second of every day. I've got that I'm so tired I'm weepy feeling. Be warned. If these Quick Takes seem a little disjointed, now you know why.

2) Look what Drama Queen presented to me. Victory!


Maybe my parenting skills aren't totally lacking! (See #5)

3) Drummer Boy reminded me yet again he's not a little boy anymore. The father of his roommate passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and he was there when the difficult news was given. It's tough, tough stuff and he handled it with compassion and maturity. I was proud of him.

Pray for his roommate's family. The death is a shock and leaves a huge hole that will take a long time to heal.

4) Kevin and I were talking with relatives last night about how tired we were.

Me: I think we should get the kids to school and go back to bed. Isn't that a marvelous plan?

Kevin: Yeah, I'd love to have the whole house to ourselves.

We honestly weren't insinuating anything except that a quiet house sounded wonderful, but Miss Innocent One was in earshot and made herself known in a hurry.

Miss Innocent One: Hello, your child is sitting right here. I know how I got here, but I don't need to hear about it. Ew.

5) Poor Ladies Man has been sick since Thanksgiving. I've had him to the doctor THREE times in the last week. I'm hoping he turns a corner soon. I miss his goofy remarks and commentary on life.

6)
You knew it was coming--one final plug for our church musical. We opened last night to rave reviews and thunderous applause (or something like that). And it's not too late for you! We have three more performances. Come check it out. An original production. My husband gets decked. And it's all free. FREE I tell you. What are you waiting for?

7) In case my discreet suggestion isn't enough and you're wondering exactly what this program is about, here's a clip of Kevin promoting it on a local news station. I can't believe he sounded coherent at 5:50 AM. He is NOT a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. Nice job, honey.

Make "The Gift" part of your weekend and come say hi to the crazy lady swinging the stick in the orchestra pit. Check out more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Just dropping by to see how your performances went! I'm sure they were wonderful, and I know what a relief it is to have them over, but also how you'll miss being a part of something big and creative. I'm sure you blessed a lot of people this weekend!

Tami said...

Hi Christine! Things went well and we are ready for a break. Now if only God wasn't giving Kevin ideas for our summer production and me ideas about NEXT Christmas!

Christine said...

LOL! Glad he's using you! Take a break, though. ;)