Tuesday, January 25, 2011

There At Every Turn


I watched my father breathe his very last breath and He was there.

When I said, "I do," His Spirit twinkled in the eyes of my new husband.

Sitting in the dark on the bathroom floor, having just been sick with grief, He reminded me to focus on what is, not on what was.

When each of our children were born, I saw His pleasure in the tears of my husband.

As I struggled to sleep on the cot in my son's hospital room, He saw me cry into my pillow.

Moving into a different house, He followed our family from room to room as we prayed for His blessing.

As my father-in-law's future looked grim, His strength sustained our family.

Talking and weeping, laughing and hugging, His warmth glows in the gift of friendship.

“Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God’s grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God’s grace.”

~ by Jerry Bridges ~

In every good day, in every bad one, He is there, whether we sense Him or not.

For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.

Romans 11:36

Where is His grace evident in your life?

Join our host, Jennifer at Scraps and Snippets for more on this quote.

8 comments:

Twinkle Mom @ Sunflower Faith said...

Very powerful words! God bless you for sharing!

Marsha Young said...

Tami - I've been right there with you - at those altars of commitment, on those bathroom floors when grief caused us to give it all back - in the shining tears of new born bliss.

Without God's love would we, could we, really enjoy those blessings - and could we endure those tough days? I know I couldn't.

God bless you - Marsha

Karen said...

In just a few simple words you gave a very powerful message. "God was there." He is there and always will be and we must never forget that. It doesn't matter if its a good time or bad, He's there loving on us, Praise the Lord!

Miriam Pauline said...

Wow. Those moments where we define that yes God is there are the foundations for the next faith choice. Thanks for reminding me of those moments.

Denise J. Hughes said...

Oh, Tami, these words are just beautiful. No, really. Just beautiful.

Christine said...

Amen! Love these words and thoughts!

Bonnie W said...

I love how you went back and forth from a good memory to a not so good one - it is so true that Jesu is there in it all.
Great post Tami.

Jennifer said...

what a beautiful take on this week's quote...and I love the verse you used, as well! So wonderful to know that He is there, "whether we sense Him or not". Thanks for participating this week!