Thursday, February 03, 2011

Snow Days Are Exhausting


I'm trying to figure out why I'm so tired. With school called off, I've slept in the last two mornings, WAY later than usual. Yet at the end of each day I'm more worn out. What gives?

Tuesday, I never left the house. I spent the morning working on tax stuff (Grr and bleh and yuck), doing laundry and feeding the natives. Later, I finished a patch job and picked out paint for a new office (YAY!!!!! Thank you, honey!!), sanded and primed a walk-in closet, continually told my kids it was too cold to go sledding and wrote a blog post.

Yesterday I did laundry (It's the story of my life really. I gotta do three loads a day to stay on top of it, but don't feel sorry for me. I find my little laundry room quite soothing with the dryer humming. So quiet, so warm, so serene. Aah . . .), tried running again (For those of you following my running saga, I must tell you I ran for two solid miles without quitting--WOO HOO! And I'm not even going to tell you it doesn't count because it was so SLOW! I ran my own race, baby!), went to an appointment, helped the kids shovel snow, finished up my Bible study, answered some e-mails, cleaned the house, made dinner, hosted Bible study, did more laundry (It's the story of my life really, oh wait, I already said that.) and wrote a blog post.

I suppose there's a reason for me to be tired, but when I think of how late I slept both mornings, it doesn't make sense. Here's what I think the problem is. I'm exhausted from being around people all day and night. I'm going through human interaction overload and acutely feeling my need for time alone. Does that make me sound like a terrible person (or just a wordy one)?

I love people, especially the people who live in my house, but our snow days have shown me I'm truly an introvert.

What did you get from your snow days?



Photo Credit: WxMom

No comments: