Tuesday, August 23, 2011

That's Where He Touched Me


The young teen stands in line for hours to get an autograph from Justin Bieber. Finally the moment arrives and not only does she get his signature, but he poses for a picture and gently kisses her cheek. She vows never to wash her face again.

That's where he touched me!

If I think about who I have been and where God has brought me, I find myself feeling the same way. I'll never forget the shy little girl I was, the overweight teenager, the young woman who felt so undesirable she thought finding a husband would take a miracle. I remember the fear harbored, the anxiety which kept me awake, the inadequacies which told me there was nothing special about me. I keep these close for one reason.

That's where He touched me.

Why would I want to forget how He's healed and strengthened, loved and made whole?

"The Christian often tries to forget his weakness: God wants us to remember it, to feel it deeply."

Andrew Murray

God wants us to remember where we've come from, how His love makes new. He wants us to rest, knowing any difficulty is a chance for Him to step in. He reminds us all things work together for the good for those who love Him.

So I won't hide the embarrassing, the ugly, the profane. I won't pretend to have it all together. I'll share my flaws knowing they display the work of the Ultimate Fixer.

That's where He touches me.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” . . . That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 Corinthians 12:9-10

Praise God for weaknesses, my friend. Those are the places His love flows to, the cracks His mercy longs to patch, the holes His grace fills.

That's where He touches us.



Join Twinkle Mom at Sunflower Faith to see what others thought about this quote.



Photo Credit: lichterkettenraucher

7 comments:

Monkey-Farmer-38 said...

I LOVE your posts. They always speak to my heart and soul just when I need to hear those exact words. Thank you friend.

Karen said...

"That's where he touched me." Boy I could write a book on that naming the areas in my life where God touched my life with His love, grace and mercy. Probably 90% of the areas I could name were my weakest moments in life. Oh what a God we serve, love, and follow. Thanks for sharing today.

Irene said...

Your post is very uplifting. I am experiencing a "weakness" in my life right now and this post made me feel better. Thank you for inspiring me with your words. God bless! :-)

Visiting from In "Other" Words

Anonymous said...

Great post! This is my first visit to your blog, I am visiting for IOWT.

Twinkle Mom @ Sunflower Faith said...

Beautiful and so touching! Thank you so much Tami for sharing that with everyone!!

Tami said...

Lord, help us all to remember when we're feeling weak and inadequate that Your finger is poised to touch us. Thank You for Your love.

Marsha Young said...

Tami,
You got it just right, I was a veritable seive before his grace filled all the holes in my life.

but I am forever digging new ones with my foolishness, and thankfully, his grace just keeps filling them in.
Blessings to you - Marsha