How can it be Friday again?! Does anyone else feel dizzy from the pace of life? OY! You'd think I would have been ready for this week since we had a TERRIFIC weekend prior, but I guess one can't ride the glow of a good weekend forever.
1) We started the fun times with a family dinner to celebrate Kevin's birthday. OH. MY. GOODNESS. We laughed so hard! Drummer Boy and Drama Queen came down to join us and we had a blast. Our favorite part of the evening was when Drama Queen said, "Yeah, Dad, I remember when you had your hysterectomy . . ."
As soon as they got their laughter under control, Drummer Boy and Ladies Man whipped out their phones and tweeted. Poor Kevin. Now everyone knows about his miracle surgery!
2) Once we finished eating, it was time to cut the cake I brought. Thinking myself efficient, I planned ahead, but when I started pulling the knife and spatula and plates out of my purse, my family had a cow!
Drummer Boy: Oh my gosh, Mom!
Drama Queen: What are you doing?!
Me: What? I brought a knife for the cake.
Miss Innocent One: In your purse?!
Me: Why not? It's big enough.
Kevin: You're so calm about it.
Ladies Man: Mom's packing! Good thing the waiter didn't see you come in with that.
They laughed themselves silly! Out came the phones again and Drummer Boy tweeted this: "Aaaaaaand my mom just pulled out a long kitchen knife out of her purse..."
And you gotta love this comment on his tweet: "Did that knife have anything to do with your dad's hysterectomy?!"
3) I bought a new kind of toothpaste, mostly because it was on clearance. I'm a creature of habit, sticking with the same brands, unless a bargain emerges. I throw all caution to the wind to save a buck, I tell you. Anyway, this new toothpaste is "iso-active." I guess it's supposed to automatically fill in the gaps of your teeth and give you a better, fresher mouth.
The first time I used it, I used the same amount I would normally use and to my surprise, the stuff started growing. It foamed on contact, so much I actually gagged! I'm innocently brushing my teeth and the next thing I know my mouth is full of enough goop to suffocate me! Think shaving gel, in your mouth, that explodes upon contact with saliva. Ew. I've gotten used to it since I started using microscopic amounts, but wow, is that stuff weird. Any of you tried it?
And for the record, I'm not sure my teeth are any happier. On the contrary, the rest of my mouth is scared!
4) We had parent teacher conferences at school this week. I found it quite interesting that both Ladies Man and Miss Innocent One became full of information before we left.
"Just so you know, I got a bad grade on my math test today."
"Miss So-and-so probably won't say good stuff, 'cause I don't think she likes me."
I'm not sure why they were sweating it. It's not like we're so tough on them. Plus, they both had good conferences. Makes me wonder how their grades would be if conferences happened every Friday. Would they be more attuned to their studies and listen better to their teachers?
5) I've been sooooo TIRED this week. I almost wished I was sick so I had a good excuse to stay in bed all day. If it weren't for my husband's hysterectomy, I would think I was pregnant.
6) Ladies Man continues to grow. A couple weeks ago I ordered some socks online. They say they fit shoe sizes 12-18. I was floored when I opened the package.
His sock is as big as my arm! Don't you love the brand name? oddball socks!
I keep thinking this kid should be done growing soon, but I'm afraid he's not. He sleeps constantly! If he's home and sitting for more than a few minutes, he zonks! He goes to bed early on his own because he's tired. Is this a sign we ain't seen nothing yet?
7) We're attending our first marching band competition of the season tomorrow and looking forward to it. We've seen the band march at football games, but honestly, you can't hear them at all in the stands at halftime. Too many people talking! Plus the weather's been so awesome here in Nebraska this week, I'll take any reason to be outside.
And that's all I got today, friends. Enjoy your weekend and take in more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.