1) How was your Mother's Day? I enjoyed mine thoroughly. All my kids were home and we ate and did little else. No rehearsals to run off to. A chance to lay low on a Sunday. Heaven. An added treat was some friends stopping by for a visit on their way to a graduation party. Kevin's family came over for homemade ice cream. Very low key. EXACTLY what love.
2) Get a load of this Mother's Day card!
Getting my kids to take a decent picture was a challenge, but we eventually managed it.
3) What kind of insufficient mother have I been that my grown children cannot wrap a present? My boys thought they were being funny.
You'd think they were two years old and had never seen tape before!
4) School is out for all my kids now. Time to refigure how my days will work, how to allocate my kids' new free time. Time for a break from the normal routine. I don't do well with change. Pray for my people, okay?
5) And speaking of school, look at the note I found on Miss Innocent One's alarm clock Sunday night.
You think she was ready to be done with school?
6) Since my routine has changed, I've gotten lazy. (Change is not good for me!) I've accomplished very little all week. My house is a mess. I haven't done much writing. About the only good thing I've completed is exercising. The worst of it is I really don't care. What happened to my motivation? I've got stuff to do! But what I really want to say is, "Give me a lounge chair and a book. This girl's ready to relax." Too bad I can't.
Stupid life. Why does it have to go on day after day when we just want to sit already? Boo.
7) These quick takes are evidence of my lackluster performance in every area this week, huh? Can you say BORING?!!!! That's the best I got today, folks. Love it or leave it.
And with that I bid you adieu. Find more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.