1) We had a SUPER time at the Cornhusker Marching Band Exhibition.
2) Adding to our excitement at the exhibition was the presence of TONS of our family--grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. They had their own cheering section! It made the night so fun and special. Ladies Man enjoyed entertaining his cousins.
Since we were all dressed in Husker gear, we took a family picture.
Isn't it weird how one little change in your habits can affect you so much? Good thing I haven't been watching Real Housewives of New Jersey. Who knows what else I might be tempted to do?!
4) It was back to school week for everybody at our house. Of course I took the obligatory first day of school pics. The kids thought I was stupid and humored me, but I think their mocking shows. Can't you see the goofy smirks and eyes that are refraining from rolling?
Miss Innocent One is an 8th grader this year. It's our last year to have a kid in the middle school after 12 years! Why does that make me feel old?
My text Monday morning: Happy first day of school! Did you take a picture for me?
Obviously leaving the house at 6:AM for band rehearsal has affected Drama Queen's brain.
Drama Queen's text: No. Was I supposed to?
She's a classic good girl, you think? Love you, babe!
6) Miss Innocent One has had some adolescent angst about school starting up again.
Me: Are you excited to get back to school?
Miss Innocent One: I don't know. People just seem to get stupider.
Miss Innocent: Seriously, the older they get, there's more drama. Stupid.
And for a 13 year-old, clothes are super important.
Miss Innocent One: What do you think I should wear the first day of school? My skinny jeans or my new shorts?
Me: I don't think it really matters, does it?
Miss Innocent One: But what would YOU do? Let's play WWTD, What Would Tami Do?
Me: I'd wear the shorts because it will get hot later in the day and I hate changing clothes which you might want to do if you wore jeans.
I'm don't think that's the answer she wanted as she changed the subject.
Miss Innocent One: My friend says people are going to be very surprised when I come back to school.
Miss Innocent One: She says I've changed a lot over the summer. A new haircut. Gotten taller.
Me: You are looking older. You are very pretty.
Miss Innocent One: Whatever.
Me: You should just accept it. You're pretty. You've always been pretty. Even as a baby you were pretty. It's just you. You need to accept it.
Miss Innocent One: Okay, you don't get to do that. Who was the one complaining about her gray hair ten seconds ago?
Ouch. She caught me. Boo. I hate it when my kids are smarter than me.
7) Tonight we're going to our high school's first home football game where we'll get to see Ladies Man's debut as drum major. On Saturday Miss Innocent One will celebrate her upcoming birthday with some friends. In honor of her 14th birthday this coming Monday (how did my baby get so old?!), here's a pic I just love of us.
And that's the week at the Boesiger house. Kinda low key. And I LIKED it. Find more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.