Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Trying to Make Sense of His Goodness

My life is filled with wonderful people, people who believe the best and nudge me in the right direction and tell me the truth and love me, even when I'm not so lovable. They teach me, enrich me, give me joy, and offer unselfish support. They are on my team for reasons I don't comprehend. Their good will and care mean more than I can describe. Overwhelmed with God's goodness, I'm reduced to tears as I think of the treasure they are. Who am I to deserve them? Why me? Why has God given so much? Pondering the questions leaves me wondering one thing.

What does such blessing require of me?

I know God wants my good and desires to give me beautiful gifts, but surely the amazing blessings I'm given aren't for me to hoard to myself. Why do I have this safety net of people?

What does such blessing require of me?

. . . When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.

Luke 12:48
Does God expect more from me?

The wimp in me wants to be scared, but the grateful-beyond-words woman in me knows He provides for whatever is ahead. He already has. God's given me people. I am deeply thankful. And willing to do whatever He asks. His blessings move me to act. No matter what is required of me, I will rise to the occasion. I must. I've been given a tremendous gift.

How about you? Do you recognize the treasure you have in the people you're surrounded by? Do you see what they provide for you? Are you aware that your blessings mean you have a responsibility?

When someone has been given much, much will be required . . .

How will you respond to the blessings you're given?



Photo Credit: KaCey97007

No comments: