1) I'm feeling very uninspired today. Beware the bore fest.
2) Kevin bought a new shower head for our master bathroom. On inspecting it in my inaugural shower, I found one flaw. You can see your reflection in the head! I looked up and shuddered, "Ack! There's me!" It's bad enough to face yourself in the mirror AFTER the shower. There's something very wrong about seeing yourself DURING the shower in all your glory. Ew.
3) I'm getting very anxious to see Ladies Man make his stage debut in his high school's production of Fiddler on the Roof. When he was little we had FAR TOO MANY ugly scenes trying to get him on stage with our church's King's Kids programs. We finally gave up and let him quit. Fast forward seven or eight years and we have a kid who willingly agreed to do it! I've been hearing him rehearsing the songs for weeks and can't wait to see his acting.
For those of you in my area, the production takes place at Beatrice High School on November 3, 5 and 6. Come see it!
4) We had a nice surprise this week when Kevin got a package from Lorenz Music Company. In it were complementary copies of a new piano offertory book which contains one of his pieces.
5) We got a catalog in the mail saying it was "Gifts that Inform, Enlighten & Entertain." I must be unenlightened because I found some of the stuff just plain weird. There was a smoke detector in the shape of a chickadee sitting on a branch (why?), a "melting" clock that looks like it's melting off your mantle and a statue of cats sitting on a bench reading. I found that one particularly disturbing. Cats don't sit like that OR read. Can anyone explain the appeal of that? I just don't get it.
6) My mom gave us a beautiful bird feeder this fall.
7) We've got a Saturday at home (hallelujah!) until we head up later in the evening to watch Ladies Man in his final band competition of the year. It's been super windy in Nebraska the last few days. I hope the wind dies down by Saturday night. Ladies Man's fellow drum major will surely be blown off her ladder otherwise.
And that's all I got this fine Friday. Enjoy your weekend and check out more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.