Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Even So


Crabby. Tired. Even so, Lord, help me press on.

Even so.

Relationships suffer. Responsibilities weigh. Plans don't work out.

Help me press on, Lord, even so.

The car breaks down and the kids are sick. The house is dirty and I can't find my sock's match. It's frozen pizza for dinner again. And the grass is dead.

Even so, I will press on.

There's been so much to do I miss my husband, though we live in the same house. My reflection looks older. Why can't my bank account multiply as quickly as my gray hairs?

But even so, I'm pressing on.

For God is a God of perseverance, of endurance, of steadfast commitment and patience. I will press through the mundane, the uncomfortable, the pain.

Even so.

Diligence produces honor, glory to our Maker. It weeds out the girls from the women, the real from the pretend. Stamina brings blessing.

As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

James 5:11

Are you feeling tired, worn? Don't give up, friend. Though your circumstances may tell you otherwise, God's got it. Trust Him, though you don't like the answer. Believe though you cannot see.

Even so.

That is faith.

You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while, “He who is coming will come and will not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him.” But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

Hebrews 10:36-39



Photo Credit: mll

1 comment:

Miriam Pauline said...

Thank you my friend for timely reminders. Sometimes pressing on is all we are capable of doing. Thank goodness that is enough!

Have a blessed day!