1) It's been a blah week at the Boesiger house. Not a lot going on. Miss Innocent One and Ladies Man had Monday and Tuesday off school for Fall Break. The people I normally meet with were either out of town or had to work. You'd think I would have accomplished tons at my house, but a blast of hormones stole every ounce of motivation I had. I did read a good book. Do I get any credit for that?
2) Drummer Boy has to play pep band gigs all over Lincoln the night before a Husker game. Last weekend the restaurants asked the kids to dress up. The snare drummers trade off carrying a little sock monkey every day, for what reason I'm not sure, so when he found this costume he thought he hit the jackpot.
3) Sunday is my wonderful mother's 70th birthday, but you'd never know it. I pray I age as well as she has. I'm completely spoiled and blessed by her. She's taught me a lot about generosity, serving, compassion for others and sacrifice. If I can be half the mother and grandmother she's been, I'll feel good about it.
Thank you, Mom, for all you've done for me and my family. We can't wait to celebrate you. Love you!
4) Miss Innocent One is going on a trip to Washington DC next May. One of the fundraisers the kids are doing is called Trick or Treat for Education. They dress up and go door to door asking for donations for their trip. Miss Innocent One and her friends dressed up as the Three Blind Mice and gave OUT suckers to every place they went. Don't they look cute?
6) It's definitely time to put Ladies Man in bubble wrap. He took another major blow to the head while messing around at school the other day and suffered a concussion. Get a load of THIS bump!
7) I'm WAY looking forward to this weekend. I'm leaving with a group of friends to attend the Women of Faith conference in Kansas City. We'll be back Saturday in time to see Ladies Man's stage debut in his high school's production of Fiddler on the Roof. Sunday we celebrate my mom's birthday and our family is getting together for a fun dinner celebration. Busy, but super, super fun. It's likely you won't hear much from me next week, however. My gain is your loss or maybe my gain is your gain too.
Should I say, "You're welcome?"
Anyway, that's it for today, friends. Enjoy the people you love and tune into Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.