Friday, March 29, 2013

7 Quick Takes (Volume 229)



1) I'm recruiting fellow squirrels. I've gotten at least three people hooked on butter toffee almonds in the last week! Try them for yourself and see. So, so, good.


2) A picture Drummer Boy put on Facebook nearly five years ago has been getting some activity this week. Not sure what sparked it or who was stalking him and dug it up, but it was fun to look at again. It's one of my favorites, taken in 2007 on a family trip.


I just love Drama Queen's expression here. It's similar to this one taken a few years later.


When will she learn this would stop as soon as she quits reacting? She makes it too easy. Although this picture might suggest she doesn't hate it as much as she lets on.


3) Princess Dawdle has apparently inherited my Raynaud's syndrome, except she gets hers in her toes! Can you tell which toe is numb?


4) Ladies Man and his girlfriend celebrated her birthday by seeing a production of the Lion King. I knew he was getting into it when I got a text at intermission saying, "This is awesome!" They looked pretty awesome too. RAWR! for her shoes and his tie.


That is no clip on bow tie, friends. It's a real one he learned to tie himself (with the great encouragement of his girlfriend)! That girl expands his horizons in so many ways.

5) Later, Ladies Man and his girl met Drama Queen and her boy at Prom. Get a load of this picturesque scene. Don't you love it?


She got a fancy do for the occasion which she liked, but got paranoid when everyone kept calling her "Snooki." I'll go on record as saying Snooki doesn't hold a candle to my Drama Queen. She is so beautiful, inside and out.

6) Thanks to ziplist.com, I am happy to report I am meeting my domestic obligations in a good way lately, cooking more than usual for my family. There's something about a new gadget that inspires, no? I've experimented with a few new recipes and found some keepers. The hands down favorite is Zesty Meatball Sandwiches. I'm a big fan of the Cranberry Pork Roast. The Slow-Cooker Fiesta Chicken Soup was easy and just got better through the week like chili, although my family wasn't as enamored with it as I was. I had no complaints about Chicken and Broccoli Teriyaki. The only clunker was the Canyon Casserole (thus the reason for no link). Last night I made a crazy concoction with chicken, apricots, milk, butter and green onions that you toss with bow tie pasta. Sounds weird, but was pretty tasty and how can a person not get excited to eat bow-tie pasta?

You got any new easy recipes you want to pass my way? Bring 'em. I'm gunning for Domestic Goddess status.

7) If you're looking for something to do or some way to celebrate Jesus and His big day, come on over to our church this weekend for an Easter cantata.


That's all for today, folks. Enjoy your weekend and find more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.

No comments: