Friday, March 21, 2014

7 Quick Takes (Volume 270)







The other day as I was getting into my van after working out, I detected a familiar aroma. I couldn't figure out what it was. I checked the gauges on the van and everything was normal. There was no spill or dead animal on the road. It was just a weird odor I knew I had smelled before. Finally it dawned on me. It was corn dogs. Something smelled like corn dogs in my van. I looked around for any trash the kids may have left in the back seats and then it hit me.

It was my sweaty self!

So I guess the moral of the story is if you want to work out with me you'll have to decide if you can stand the smell of corn dogs.

Is this why I have an aversion to exercise?






The seniors in Ladies Man's class took surveys, things like "Who is most likely to become a politician?" or "Person who knows the most people," stuff like that. Ladies Man was voted "Guy with the Best Hair." Do you think he could have won that title a few years ago with this do?


And obviously they were not privy to his early years when this look was the norm.


Nonetheless, I am a proud Mama, I guess. Nice work, Ladies Man. Way to evolve in the grooming department.






And now it's time for a little bragging on my husband. Have I told you lately how I adore the man? Well I do, because he is wonderful. And cute. And sensitive. And can hold down a conversation better than anyone I know. And life is just better with him in it. Anyway, I am super proud of him. He has several choral anthems published with Lorenz Publishing, but last fall broke into Hope Publishing. Recently we received his complimentary copies in the mail.


Is he a stud or what? We thought the banner at the top which reads "The R. Kevin Boesiger Choral Series" was pretty funny as this is the only piece in the "series." I'm applying wishful thinking and hoping it means they expect to publish more of his work in the future.

Congratulations, babe! I'm proud of you.






Another studly thing my husband accomplished this week was putting together a Beatrice Regional Orchestra concert featuring three high school choirs. There were 177 voices on stage! It was a cool night.


His orchestra keeps getting better and better too. That guy knows what he's doing.






Princess Dawdle has apparently been listening intently to her brother's advice about experiencing everything she can in high school. Though she's never had any formal training or experience, she joined the tennis team this Spring. So far she's loving the camaraderie of the team and the patience and helpfulness of the upperclassmen and coach. She's catching on pretty well too, I think. The biggest surprise for me is it's bringing out a competitiveness I've never seen in her before. She's my easy-going whatever girl, but she came home all fired up from practice the other day because she got cheated out of a game she was winning at the end of practice even though she was way behind in the match. I saw a look in her eyes I've never seen before, an I'm-gonna-get-em kind of glare. I think a tiger may be lurking in my little kitty girl.






Here's fun picture I haven't posted yet. Drama Queen's brothers helped her celebrate her birthday with some friends. Their favorite thing to do is what they call the sister sandwich.


She seems to be enjoying the older version better than this younger version.







I've enjoyed a few days away this week. Is it bad that on my kids' Spring Break I ran away for my own break? What is that adage, something about to be a good mommy you have to take care of the mommy? Yeah. That's what I did. It's supposed to be good for them in the long run, right?

This is where you're supposed to yell, "Yes! You are absolutely right, Tami!"

Really. Go ahead and affirm me. I won't mind.



That's all for this Friday, friends. Enjoy your weekend and visit Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AWW! I love the evolving "sister sandwich" pictures. Those will be so precious to them in the years to come!

Deanna said...

I think corn dogs is better than what I come out of the gym like.

and yes, it's good to get away sometimes.