I'm feeling excited and happy today. It is my 20th wedding anniversary. TWENTY YEARS!! The best of my life.
I will never forget the feeling I had my first week of marriage. I had a very good childhood and was very much a homebody, but my first days as a married woman were so comfortable it was a whole new feeling of home. I remember thinking, "This is me. This is what I've been wanting. I feel more myself than ever before. I'm finally home." Yes, we've had times that weren't exactly blissful, but that feeling of home has never gone away. With him is where I belong.
How does twenty years with the same person change you? Here's what I've learned from my husband:
1. Buck up! Be a Boesiger!
2. Talking--I talk A LOT more since I got married. He's rubbing off on me!!
3. Bedtime is NOT the best time to get into a deep discussion.
4. Saying nothing is not the same as not noticing.
5. Your mind is more attractive than your body (still in shock about this one).
6. Don't be afraid to do something differently than anyone else does it.
7. He likes who I am, not who I think I should be.
8. Do what God has called you to do. Don't worry about what other people think.
9. He will always pick me first. (Mmmm, HUGE gift. Thank you, honey.)
10. I am wholly and dearly loved.
Happy Anniversary, Kevin. I LOVE being married to you. You have consistently shown me what unconditional love is all about. I'm sorry I've made it hard for you sometimes. It is my honor (and so much fun!!) to be your wife. Thank you for twenty wonderful years. Let's shoot for forty more! I love you.