Friday, May 25, 2007

In transit

On the way to visit my dad's grave, I notice the sky matches my mood. Stacks of thick, dark clouds hover overhead and I am saddened to think this is only the beginning. I am bound to have many more good byes and the older I get, the closer they come. The natural process of life dictates a continual loss of people I hold dear. Will each death affect me this way? Will I learn how to handle it? Will it get easier?



But above the clouds, a narrow band of light appears, a small glimmer working to break through and I think it no coincidence the radio plays, "My Deliverer is coming. My Deliverer is standing by."

It is God's reminder.

This world, this loss is not all there is.

My Deliverer is coming.

My Deliverer is standing by.


Mmmm. . .yes, Lord, indeed.


Happy Memorial Day.



Photo credit to noodlefish.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Thanks for sharing these thoughts, Tami. I know I'm getting to the age where death will be more a part of my life as well. Those are good promises to hang on to.

Sista Cala said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I too have been a bit blue lately.