Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Venus and Mars


My sweet husband came home and immediately asked our older daughter, "Are you doing anything later?"

She squinted her eyes, frowned a little and said, "No. . .why?"

"Cause I want to whisk your mother away for a while tonight."

My fists went in the air. "Yes!" I whispered. He HAD picked up on all my little (and not so little) hints it was time for a date.

"What are we doing?" I asked with a smile.

"What do you want to do?"

"Hmm. . .Let's do something fun and romantic and unusual and. . .lovely. Let's do something completely lovely, okay? Wouldn't that be nice?"

He inhaled slowly, raised his eyebrows, gave me a half-hearted smile and nodded his head politely.

I knew what he was thinking, so I said it for him, "No pressure there, huh?"

" I thought I was doing good getting you out of the house," he answered.

Poor guy. His wife sure makes it hard on him.



Thanks to jocke for the beautiful photo.

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Oh, now THAT is lovely. So... where did you go???

I can't help laughing at how it's so hard for our dear husbands. They just can't win, can they? But it's sooooo sweet when they try so hard that we can't help loving them for it. Hope your date was fun and romantic and unusual and... completely lovely.

(Great photo, too!)

Kara Bird said...

:) You guys are great. You give me hope. :) Luv ya!

Anonymous said...

You guys are such a fun and loving couple. Thank you for all of the encouragement you send my way. What a blessing you are. I hope you two had a lovely date.

Susannah said...

Bless that man of yours... Wow. He's a keeper. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

The last thing you do is make it hard on me! I can not imagine my life without you. It was great just walking the Sunken Gardens with you. It was even better than our usual date to Menards or Walmart.

I love you!!

Kevin

Christine said...

I love your hubby's comment too. Hope you had a great time!