Sunday, June 03, 2007

Signs your home is being over run by adolescents



1. You no longer react to bodily noises.

2. You think Hot Pockets are a food staple.

3. You find yourself saying, "SWEET!" in response to anything good.

4. You have a Facebook profile.

5. So much soda is consumed that when your kids cash in the aluminum cans they get $65.

6. A simple question becomes a negotiation process.

7. You know what ttyl, bff, idk and lylab mean.

8. When someone calls you "Mommy," you get suspicious.

9. Your family's favorite entertainment is watching youtube videos through the Wii system.

10. You have more deodorant in the house than eggs.


Ahh, kids. They keep our lives exciting. I'll keep mine! I kinda like 'em!!

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

I love it, finally a picture of someone we know : )
Now, if we'd only get to see the two love birds!
Hey, whatcha doing this week???

Susannah said...

Too funny... great post! What are ttyl, bff, idk and lylab? In addition to "sweet" I find myself saying "cool" a lot when I'm around my kids. Blessings!

Tami said...

e-Mom,
These are abbreviations my kids use when using msn messenger or text messaging on a cell phone. They stand for talk to ya later (ttyl), best friends forever (bff), I don't know (idk) and love you like a brother (lylab). Of course they also use lylas--you can figure that one out now.

Christine said...

Hysterical! I love the "Mommy" one!