Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Blessed Be His Name



"Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name..."
~ Matt Redman ~
Lyrics from "Blessed be Your Name"


I could barely get the words out through my tears. That first Sunday after my world had been shaken was almost more than I could take. Here I was, standing in front of a room of people, feeling so unworthy, wondering how many knew what I had done, how stupid I had been.

I had already been walking through the wilderness of grief when it happened and this felt like someone had taken my canteen and knapsack, leaving me completely exposed. It seemed like too much, more than I could bear. Yet I remembered praying for God to make me humble and knew this was His answer. So I forced myself to sing. He deserved it. He is blessed and holy and just. He is in control.

Now, many, many Sundays later, too many to count, I've finally cleared the desert. I still don't understand. I'm still not certain what I was supposed to learn. I can't come close to explaining it, but I know I am changed. And that is cause to celebrate. So today I sing, not through tears, but with robust,

"Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name..."


He is God in the good AND the bad. He is God in our understanding or lack thereof. Worshipping Him is always the right answer. Praising Him in everything will sustain us. Press on, my friends, and keep singin', even if you do it through tears.

I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.
Psalm 86:12



Join our host, Iris, for more In "Other" Words posts.

10 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, Tami! Amen!!! He is so worthy of our praise!!! Denise R.

Dianne said...

Need to hear this today - thanks!

Anonymous said...

I think many of us have had experiences where the Lord used this song to grow us and help us through our grief. Isn't He awesome!

Miriam Pauline said...

"I can't come close to explaining it, but I know I am changed. And that is cause to celebrate."

YES! Amen. I can feel the emotion in what you write--because I have been there too. Bless you for sharing.

Crystal said...

Wow I felt the emotion behind this post. Thank you for sharing! Amen He is so worthy of our praise!
Blessings

Aunt Angie said...

Tami that was so neat. I felt your heart. Your words rang true to my ears but for different reasons. Many times I have cried while singing....praising Him while in the thros of a battle....that's what He expects....yearns for....delights in. Your post was what I needed for a situation in my life today.
Thank you for listening to His voice and typing what He said to your heart!
You have blessed me.
Now, may God bless you!

Jennifer said...

"Worshipping Him is always the right answer." How true! And how often I need to be reminded of that. Thank you for sharing your heart.

eph2810 said...

How many times have I sang this song through tears - during worship and in my car during the week. The tears came and I could not stop them...I tell you - it is sometimes embarrassing, but oh so cleaning.
You know, Tami, some things I do not understand either. I guess on those things in question, I just have to wait until I get the answer in heaven -- and I am okay with that...But then again, it might not matter by the time He receives me home :)

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this week's IOW quote.

Be blessed today and always.

Susannah said...

This is so powerful: He is God in the good AND the bad. He is God in our understanding or lack thereof. Worshipping Him is always the right answer. Praising Him in everything will sustain us.

Ditto, ditto, ditto! :~)

Anonymous said...

Tami,
God blesses so many lives through you. You open your heart and share what you feel. Thanks for the reminder that in the good and bad times to always praise God.