Monday, August 20, 2007

A Blogging Award



Over two weeks ago I was pleasantly surprised by my blogging buddy from "across the pond", MiPa, who awarded me the thoughtful blogger award. This award is to recognize people who are encouraging in both their blogs and their comments to others. (For the official rules regarding these awards, click here). This was truly special to me because of MiPa's kind words (see her post entitled "Thank you" from August 6, 2007), but also because of my respect for her. She thinks deeply about life and looks for Christ in her every day. So thank you, my friend. I am touched.

The rules specify that you are to share the bloggy love with five others you feel deserve to be recognized. This part was fun for me. I have found some friends in this strange little blog world and am happy to have a reason to point you their way.

E-mom is one of the most thoughtful bloggers around. She includes a variety of topics and resources on Chrysalis and must spend 90% of her time reading. She is one well-informed woman! One of the best things about her is that if you leave a comment on her blog, she always responds back to you. She also thinks through the comments she leaves on the blogs of others, making a word from her a treat.

I've found a kindred spirit in Dianne. I admire how she has disabled the comment section on her blog, Unfinished Work. She is apparently much more secure in herself than I! She is quick to praise others, however, and often leaves comments that enhance what has already been said. If you check out her blog (and I certainly hope you do) you can leave a good word for her by clicking the e-mail link.

Victoria always encourages me. Her blog, Light for the Writer's Soul, is just what the doctor ordered on most days, nudging me to keep going in this work I feel called to. Whenever I have left a comment on her site, she has always visited mine and left kind words. If you are a writer or someone with writing aspirations, put her on your list of daily visits. You won't be disappointed.

If you want to be challenged in your thought process, you've got to check out Seek First His Kingdom. Rachelle's blog gives us a glimpse into her pretty little head which I personally find refreshingly honest. She never tells you what to think, but throws ideas out there for you to mull over. As a professional editor and writer she often shares valuable information regarding writing as well. Rachelle's comments on my blog pack a lot of punch with me. They are never generic, but always add to the discussion at hand.

Though I'm not sure why, I have found a big fan in Hopeful Spirit. She boosts my ego considerably by leaving comments containing words like "brilliant". She is very unselfish in On the Horizon, frequently providing links like this one to the blogs of other writers. I appreciate her candor, her willingness to be vulnerable and the courage she displays when saying things which may not be popular. She inspires me with her seeking nature.

And there you have it. I sincerely hope you check out these great blogs and meet some new friends.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you really know how to bless a gal! Thank you kindly, and congrats to you on your own award! I'll check out these other great ones (although I know e-mom & Rachelle---good stuff there!)

hugs,
Vicki

Hopeful Spirit said...

Wow. I am honored and extremely humbled! I really appreciate you thinking of me.

And I am your fan because you are a gifted and insightful writer.

Thanks again.

Miriam Pauline said...

Just wanted to say again how much you deserve this. You have some great choices there--I'm enjoying visiting their blogs. Bless you my friend.

Dianne said...

This award suits you perfectly Tami! I'm honored to be included with these others who truly are thoughtful bloggers. Enjoyed visiting each of their blogs this morning!

Susannah said...

Aw, shucks Tami! I'm honored to receive this award. I appreciate your regular and thoughtful comments... perhaps we are kindreds? Your blog is a pleasure to read too--and also well deserving of this honor.

Lol, I wish I could spend 90% of my time reading. Lately, I've been dealing with aging parent issues, so I've been a little scarce in the blogosphere.
{{{Hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

Tami,
This award is perfect for you. You share your heart and reach out to those you love without a thought about it. Thanks for being a wonderful comfort.