Friday, September 14, 2007

Morning Pick-me-up

I know this apathy and barely-under-the-radar anxiety I feel this morning is the result of too many late nights and early mornings. I know that my hormones being out of whack contributes to the uneasiness. I know when the coffee kicks in and the sun comes up I'll feel better, but right now is an important moment. Right now I sense acutely my need for a Comforter so I turn to His unfailing Word and find light for my day.

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."


I thank You for this peace, Lord Jesus, and ask for Your touch on this day, a gift from You. I put my hand in Yours.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Thank you Tami! The scriptures you shared this morning speak volumes to me! Thank you for sharing!!! Blessings. Denise R.

Vicki said...

Oh, wow, can I ever relate!! Thank you for this. Absolutely LOVE this scripture.

Warmest hugs,
Vicki

Susannah said...

A beautiful verse. Really encouraging today. Thank God for Scripture, eh? (My Canadian roots.) Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Know that you are an amazing person and an amazing friend.