Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bringing God Glory

She thought she could do it by being the best.
But no matter how hard she tried, there was always someone better.

So she devoted herself to doing it right.
But she was human and messed it up.

She decided to learn everything she could.
But searching always brings more questions.

Maybe it was best to concentrate on pleasing Him.
But how do you know when you've pleased God?

She prayed and served and sought. She loved and listened and waited.
None of it seemed enough. He had done so much more. He deserved so much more. How could her measly efforts ever bring Him glory?

Finally He spoke,

I don't need you to be the best.
I don't need you to be perfect.
I don't need you to be right.

I need you to be you.

I don't want what you can do.

I want you.


4 comments:

Linda said...

Perfectly said and a peaceful place to rest in Him!

Miriam Pauline said...

What a great reminder!

Susannah said...

Yes! We're just supposed to be ourselves. What a relief. Nice post. :~D

Susan said...

Amen and Amen!