Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Is Contentment the Key?

I've been frustrated this week. Demands on my time feel suffocating, yet when someone innocently asks what I did today, I have nothing monumental to say and feel stupid. The day and a half of solitude and productivity I had last week were a tease. At home reality hits and I'm left feeling tense. I don't know how to fit everything in. And it makes me crazy trying.

I don't think God wants us to live this way. So what can I do?

In an e-mail exchange with a friend who's WAY busier than me, she said, "Acceptance is key. I really have to accept the craziness of every day instead of trying to wish it away."

Can that really work?

And then I read this post by Susie Larson which seemed to say the same thing. Contentment brings peace, order, calm.

Maybe I've been trying too hard. Maybe I need to be content with my life and trust God to direct each day. Am I thinking too much about it, stressing over things I shouldn't?

Help me out here, friends. How do you find peace and contentment amid the busyness of every day?

May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us--yes, establish the work of our hands.

Psalm 90:17


No comments: