Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Pray-ers


They pray for me.

I send them SOS e-mails when I'm not sure I have it in me to do what God asks. I call them my prayer team--seven amazing women I admire, respect and treasure who see my heart, understand where God leads me and believe in me enough to push me along His path.

They pray for me.

For every word I commit to page, for each opportunity placed before me, my little army is responsible for helping me get the job done. When I know they are praying for me--WOW. The knowledge alone is powerful. My confidence raises. My trust in God soars. I'm humbled by their faith in me and their willingness to utter my name before Almighty God. At times I physically FEEL the boost of supernatural help.

“One quality of a godly friend is helping others to reach their goals and to get to where they need to be. No we can’t walk on water, calm the storms in our friends lives, or land their boat where they want to go. But we can point them to the Friend who sticks closer than a Brother.”

~Lysa TerKeurst & Sharon Jaynes ~
A Woman’s Secret to a Balanced Life: Finding God’s Refreshing Priorities for You

My pray-ers are responsible for making me who I am. They spur me on. They tell me I can do it. They enlist the power of the Holy spirit, enabling me to get the job done. They keep my focus in the right direction. They hold me accountable to use the gifts God has given. They remind me I do not go alone. They can't land my boat, but they have no idea how often they keep it afloat.

They make me better than I am.

They pray for me.


Be a part of the In "Other" Words bunch. Link up with today's host, Patricia at Typing One-Handed.



Photo Credit: final gather

3 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

I wrote about one of my pray-ers as well. I know that my life would be quite different without the people who faithful pray for me and the things I do. This is a beautiful post honouring those prayer warriors.

Debbie Petras said...

What better friends to have than praying friends? Many people say they will pray and forget. True friends say they will pray and DO!

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Michele Williams said...

I agree with Debbie. Amen! We all need prayer warriors and be a prayer warrior too. Blessings,